A 5-hour tour to discover rural living at its best and explore the rich cultural heritage of the region. You’ll get the chance to pick fresh fruit and vegetables, feed the animals, participate in a cooking class and enjoy a mouthwatering Greek feast. And if that’s not enough, there’s a host of extra activities for those of you who are true nature lovers.
The Eco Farm is a multi-functional eco and cultural farm, an arts and educational centre, and a treehouse resort. Complete with an amphitheatre, it has become the key entertainment hub in the region.
Built on 1.3 acres of land, this unique farm combines arts with nature in the most traditional way, taking you on a journey from antiquity to modern times.
- From 20 May to 31 October, excluding official holidays.
- May to October for veggie picking.
The Eco Farm Experience
Join us for a 5-hour guided tour by the locals and discover some of the secrets of the Greek cuisine!
Part 1: Tour of the Eco Farm
You’ll tour all the facilities of the Eco Farm, including the amphitheatre, the crops, the animal farm and the veggie garden. Enjoy a leisurely stroll, explore every corner of the farm and marvel at the unique treehouses, built from all-natural materials.
Stop at the quaint, stone-built amphitheatre and learn all about the evolution of the theatre in Ancient Greece. Experience rural life at its best by feeding the animals and picking fresh fruit and veggies (fruit and vegie picking in only available from May to October).
Throughout the tour, you’ll get the chance to enjoy local delicacies, Mt Taygetos tea or homemade lemonade!
Part 2: Greek Cooking Class experience
Discover the secrets of traditional homemade food based on local recipes, just like mama used to make.
A local cook will guide you through the experience and unravel the mysteries of the Greek cuisine. You’ll learn how to make and bake bread in a wood-fired oven, and prepare homemade food and local delicacies in the Eco Farm’s open-air kitchen!
Part 3: Traditional Local Feast
Get a taste of freshly baked bread, a home-cooked Mediterranean meal and tasty snacks prepared by you in the Eco Farm’s open-air kitchen. All ingredients are from the Eco Farm and other local producers.
The meal includes appetizers, main and dessert, accompanied by Greek wine, soft drinks, Greek coffee or tea.
Part 4: Stroll through the Village (if time permits)
Enjoy a stroll through the small cobblestone lanes, immerse yourself in the local culture and find out the local history of the small village.
Are you a travel agency or company and are looking for a trusted local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide one of a kind gastronomic experiences or team building events to your travelers?
You can contact us and organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc).
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.).
Small, private groups of 5-7 people: 130,00 € / per person
Contact us to request a price:
- Max. of people: 12. For more than 12 people please contact us.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the culinary experience.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at [email protected] and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience just for you!
Included in the price
- Cooking class and full local lunch
- Greek local delicacies, wine and drinks
- Local hosts / local chef throughout the experience
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Extra experiences may be provided upon request, depending on availability and at an extra charge, just ask us!
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- The culinary experience is provided upon request and depending on availability. In case there is no availability for the day you are interested, it can be conducted the next available date or choose another similar available experience after coordination.
- Transfer is needed to visit the Eco Farm, which is located 20' away from Kalamata, in a small semi-mountainous village. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability: May to October, Monday to Sunday, excluding official holidays.
- Other travelers, not Mama's flavours guests, may also be at the Eco farm.
- Meeting point and time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 09.00 a.m.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accesible 80%.
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 3 days before.
- For booking less than 3 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed, the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Mama's flavours reserves the right to postpone the culinary experience due to bad weather. If it is postponed, no refund is given but, the experience is conducted the next available date and after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, there is no refund regardless of cancellation status but, you may choose a next available date.
- All sales final.
Mama's flavours philosophy
Our scope is to provide our guests - travelers a high quality personalized and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. For this reason, we prefer to organize private experiences to couples, friends and families. This applies also for larger groups for e.g. a group of friends or team building events.
When you, our guest, book one or more of our gastronomic experiences, the day is dedicated to you, your friends and your beloved ones. With this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together and at the end we say goodbye as friends!
Mama’s Flavours Health Measures & Guidelines for Travelers & Partners
Please read carefully this document before your booking.
Mama’s flavours is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its travelers and its partners.