

The semi-mountainous village of Kallithea is 13 km from Pylos, 14 km from Methoni and 62 km from Kalamata. It is built at an altitude of 200 meters and has about 660 permanent residents. In ancient times, the area of the settlement was part of the kingdom of Nestor, of ancient Pylos. The current village came from the merger of the settlements of Memerizi and Gamos, and in 1928 it was renamed to Kallithea. During the Second Venetian Occupation, it was referred to as Memeri or Memi Raisi.
The visitor, here, can wander the narrow streets with the traditional houses and see the church of Agios Nikolaos with the three-storey bell tower that has a tiled roof at the top, as well as the village clock. The church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos and the old Primary School, which started operating in 1936, also stand out. Finally, one of the most characteristic points of the village is where the stone fountains with water from the spring are located.