The non-profit Cultural Association of Vasilitsi, "FANEROMENI", was founded on June 19th, 2004. It is located in Vasilitsi, Messenia, the last village in the southwest of the Prefecture of Messenia, an area considered one of the best tourist destinations in Greece. From its foundation until today, it has been housed in the village's old Primary School building.
Among its purposes, as defined in its Incorporation Articles, are included:
• highlighting the cultural wealth of the region
• the contribution to highlighting and promoting customs, local dishes and traditions of the place
• the promotion and advertising of the village with the appropriate means
• the implementation of public utility projects and development of the village
• the organisation of musical, theatrical & religious events
• the organisation of thematic excursions to parts of Greece that are of historical & cultural interest and
• the strengthening of the relations of the Vasilitsi people everywhere.
In 2007, on the Cultural Association "FANEROMENI" initiative, a Folklore Museum was founded, housed in the Primary School. There, old tools of various occupations of the past, old furniture and household utensils, textiles, a loom, the school library, rich photographic material on the life and work of the first Missionary in central Africa who came from Vasilitsi, blessed Chrysostomos Papasaradopoulos, as well as photographic material from the village's area, are housed.
Since 2010, traditional dance classes for all have been operating at the club! There, the villagers who love dancing have the opportunity to learn traditional dances from different parts of Greece!
The Association is always at the disposal of the people of Vasilitsi for discussion of any cultural issue or issues of general interest related to the development of the village.