An experience designed for olive oil and nature lovers who have a passion for olive oil, nature, tradition and traditional Greek gastronomy!
The olive oil tour and tasting experience is available Monday to Sunday all year round, either in the mornings or in the afternoons. Greek official holidays are excluded.
The Olive Oil Experience
If you want to get to know all about the unique features of olive oil or simply wonder what an olive oil tasting seminar involves, this activity is right up your alley!
Part 1: Olive grove & Visit at an Olive oil Mill
Olive grove (available all year round)
You’ll walk through the perennial olive trees and experience a 30' relaxing stroll through an olive grove located just 10' away from Kalamata.
During your walk, you’ll get acquainted with different varieties of olive trees in all shapes and of all ages and learn the history of olive trees and olive oil from the Neolithic era until today!
Olive oil mill (depending on season & availability - From March to October)
You will learn all about the extraction process, from the olive grove to bottling, and if it is the olive harvesting season, you’ll get to taste fresh and warm extra virgin olive oil during our olive oil tasting!
Part 2: Olive Oil tasting experience
Along with our professional and certified olive oil expert, you’ll learn about the queen of Greek olive oil varieties, Koroneiki, as well as other just as superb Greek olive oils.
You’ll discover their key aromas, flavours and tastes, and will learn which olive-oil variety to pair with your favourite food.
Part 3: Light or Full lunch (optional & upon request)
If you wish to conclude your olive oil experience with a delicious light or full lunch, full of Messinian flavours, in one of the most welcoming Coffee Shop-Cum-Ouzo Taverns in the heart of Kalamata’s historic centre, just let us know, and we can arrange it for you!
BOOK THIS EXPERIENCE!
Are you a travel agency or company and are looking for a trusted local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide one-of-a-kind gastronomic experiences or team-building events to your travellers?
You can contact us, and we will organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat, as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc.)
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.)
Small, only private experiences of 5-7 guests: 70,00€ / per person
Min. of guests: 2 – Max.: 10.
Contact us to request a price.
- For more than ten guests.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the Olive oil tasting experience.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at [email protected], and together, we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience just for you!
Included in the price
- Visit an Olive oil mill & tour the Olive Grove
- Olive oil tasting with 4 Greek olive oil varieties
- Greek local delicacies/bottle of water
- Local host / certified olive oil taster throughout the experience
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Light or full lunch (upon request and at an extra charge)
- Personal purchases from local shops (optional)
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- The Olive oil tour & tasting experience is provided upon request and depending on availability. In case there is no availability for the day you are interested, the experience can be offered on the next available date or choose another similar available experience after coordination.
- Transfer is needed to visit the olive grove and the olive oil mill which is located 10' away from Kalamata city centre and from the meeting point. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In another case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability of the Olive Grove tour: All year round, Monday – Sunday.
- Availability of the Olive oil tasting experience: October – March: Monday - Saturday in the mornings. April – September: Monday-Sunday: In the mornings.
- Also offered on 15th August and in the afternoons after coordination. Holy Friday - Easter Tuesday and Greek official holidays are excluded.
- Availability & visit at the Olive oil mill: March to October from Monday to Friday. November - February, Saturdays & Sundays after coordination and depending on availability.
- Meeting point & time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 09:30 a.m. Depending on the availability of the Olive grove and the Olive oil mill, the meeting point may change. In this case, we always inform our guests about the alternative and exact meeting point through email.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible: 80%.
BOOK THIS EXPERIENCE
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest two days before.
- For less than two days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed, the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's Flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is accepted only for the option of a light or full lunch. For the olive oil tasting tour and experience, full payment is made as above.
- Mama’s Flavours reserves the right to postpone the Olive oil experience due to bad weather. If it is postponed, no refund is given, but the experience is conducted on the next available date and after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, there is no refund regardless of cancellation status, but you may choose the next available date.
- All sales are final.
Mama's Flavours Philosophy
Our scope is to provide our guests - travellers a high-quality, personalized, and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. For this reason, we prefer to organize private experiences for couples, friends and families. This applies also to larger groups, e.g. a group of friends or a team-building event.
When you, our guest, book one or more of Mama's flavours gastronomic experiences, the day is dedicated to you, your friends and your loved ones. In this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together, and at the end, we say goodbye as friends!