

The small mountain village of Lykoudesi, formerly known as Chrysikos, is located 28 km from Kyparissia, between the villages of Raptopoulos and Tripyla. It is built at an altitude of 596 meters and has about 30 permanent residents. In ancient times, the area was part of Nestor's kingdom in ancient Pylos. During the Venetian period, the village was referred to as Licudhessi, while the settlement was also mentioned in various censuses of the Venetian Pronoites of the Venetian Republic.
According to local tradition, there are two versions of the origin of the village's name. According to the first version, a village resident was attacked by a wolf. However, he managed to tie the wolf with a rope. According to the second version, the name came from an area resident who had the name or nickname Lykos (Wolf). This resident had a watermill on the nearby river and the moat of the watermill was located near the big fountain of the village. Thus, the site was named "the wolf's bundle - moat".
On the 30th of April, 1827, the Battle of Lykoudesio took place, where forces of Trifylia and Olympia (led by Pope Dimitris Papatsoris) forced parts of Ibrahim's army to retreat, which reached the village.
Finally, the visitor there can see the church of the village, Agia Sotira, which celebrates on the 6th of August and on this day a big festival takes place.