- We take four portions of chicken breast, we marinate it with the rest of the ingredients and we leave it to rest for two to three hours.
- Minimum of salt, because we are going to add soy.
- White pepper
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons of curry
- 1 teaspoon of Taygetus oregano
- 16 dry figs which we have soften them in water and drained them.
- 8-10 chopped orange peels
For the sauce
- 1 drink glass of orange juice
- ½ drink glass of cognac
- 2 tablespoons of soy
- 2 tablespoons of honey
We carefully sautéed the breast and we add the figs and the orange peels. When all smells are together, we add the sauce and we leave it to simmer. If it is necessary, we add a little bit of lukewarm water. Also, if needed, we put a little bit of corn flour in order for the sauce to become thicker. We serve with rice.
Chicken meat is a significant source of protein with high biological value, of iron, phosphorus and magnesium. It, also, contains complex B vitamins, such as B12. It is recommended as a replacement to red meat and according to the Mediterranean pyramid, chicken meat can be consumed up to 4 times weekly. Comparatively with the rest meat products it has the lowest content in total and saturated fat, therefore its consumption is recommended. Figs increase the antioxidant content of the specific food.