A 3-hour guided tour of a winery in a small village of Messinia. Passed down from father to son, this family-owned business has stayed true to tradition, with minimum intervention, to ensure quality grapes and wine. Cultivating Greek and European grape varieties, the winery produces some of the best local vintages you’ll have the chance to enjoy.
You’ll visit a family-owned winery located in a small village in Messinia, just 35 km (20 mi) outside of Kalamata.
The private vineyards occupy an area of around 15 acres and produce 5 varieties: Roditis, Carignan, Tempranillo, Merlot and Chardonnay.
The vineyards were first cultivated in the 1980s and wine production started in the mid-2010s.
The tour is available all-year round, apart from public holidays and during grape harvesting.
The grape-harvesting season varies from year to year, but usually takes place sometime between September and October.
Join us for a 3-hour guided tour of a family winery in Messinia.
Part 1: Tour of the Vineyards
Enjoy a 30-minute stroll through the vineyards, weather permitting. The owner, Vasilis, will talk to you about the area’s microclimate and the 5 varieties of grapes grown onsite, some of them since the 1980s.
Uncover the secrets of Greek variety Roditis, French varieties Chardonnay and Merlot, and Spanish varieties Carignan and Tempranillo.
Part 2: Tour of the Winery
During the 40-minute tour of the winery, you’ll find out all about the wine-making process.
Vasilis will take you through all the stages, from grape harvesting, to vinification and bottling.
Part 3: Wine Tasting
Enjoy the entire range of wines during a 1-hour wine tasting experience.
You’ll get to taste all of the 5 wine labels, even if some of them are sold out.
The wine tasting may be paired with local products, such as cheese and cold cut platters, bruschettas with olive paste and Messinian sausages with orange, and lalagia (savoury or sweet looped ribbons of dough).
To make your experience even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc.)
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.)
Small groups of 6-8 people: 95,00€/person
Contact us to request a price:
- For individual and family bookings.
- For groups with less than 6 or more than 8 participants.
- For joining the tour without transfer costs or organize your tour and transfer from Athens.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese and all over Greece upon request.
Contact us for your personalized tour.
Included in the price
- Transfer by mini bus
- Hotel pick up and drop off within Kalamata
- Tour leader / driver
- Public Liability insurance
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Availability: Monday to Sunday, all-year round, excluding public holidays.
- Departure time: 09:00 a.m.
- Light or full lunch may be provided in Kalamata after the Wine tasting, upon request.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
If you have your own vehicle and want to opt out of the hotel pick up, you can meet us in Kalamata and make the tour together with your vehicle!
Mama’s flavours reserves the right to postpone or cancel the activity due to bad weather. If the tour is cancelled, you may choose an alternative date or request a full refund.
Mama’s flavours Health Measures & Guidelines for Travelers & Partners
Mama's flavours is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its travelers and its partners. For this reason, we have specified some necessary health measures and guidelines which must be followed by all travelers and Mama's flavours partners...
Please visit our website www.mamasflavours.gr for more clarifications & information.