A 3-hour private dining experience complete with Cooking class, to satisfy even the most demanding palates. A renowned Greek Head chef prepares and cooks with you a surprise three-course Mediterranean feast in his restaurant, just 8' away from the heart of Kalamata, in Messinia region, Peloponnese, using the freshest of ingredients.
It’s private dining with friends and family at its finest!
You’ll participate in a Cooking class and a private lunch or dinner, prepared by a Greek chef in his restaurant just 8' away from the city centre of Kalamata.
The renowned Greek chef has prepared feasts for many politicians, including Barack Obama, Angela Merkel, François Hollande and Mahmoud Abbas, while he also served as Head chef of the former President of the Hellenic Republic.
He has over 30 years of experience and is returning to his homeland Kalamata, where he’ll cook a private meal just for you and your friends or family!
This private cooking and dining experience is available Tuesday-Sunday all-year round, for lunch or dinner. Mondays and public holidays are excluded.
The Culinary Experience
You can have a choice of Greek appetizers, Mediterranean cuisine, or traditional or modern Greek cuisine.
Part 1: Cooking Class
You have the option of participating in the food preparation, in the form of a cooking class, guided and assisted by the chef. You might even learn how to make pasta from scratch! The chef uses the freshest of ingredients from all over Messinia, converting them into one of the best Mediterranean culinary experiences.
He will prepare a surprise menu just for you, tailored to your individual dietary preferences. Depending on the weather and the season, you may also enjoy the meal in the beautiful outdoor area right next to the restaurant.
Part 2: Private Dining (Lunch or Dinner)
The meal consists of appetizer, main and dessert, true to the Mediterranean tradition, and is paired with amazing Messinian wines. You’ll enjoy private dining with friends and family at its finest and what’s more you can choose between indoor or al fresco dining.
Are you a travel agency or company and are looking for a trusted local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide one of a kind gastronomic experiences or team building events to your travelers?
You can contact us and organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc).
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.).
Small, private groups of 5-7 people: 130 € / per person
Contact us to request a price:
- Max. of people 10. For more than 10 people, please contact us.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the dining experience.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at [email protected] and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience just for you!
Included in the price
- Cooking class and private dining with Head chef
- Full lunch or dinner
- Greek local delicacies, wine and drinks
- Local host / Head chef throughout the experience
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- The dining experience is provided upon request and depending on availability. In case there is no availability for the day you are interested, it can be conducted the next available date or choose another similar available experience after coordination.
- Transfer is needed to go to the Chef's restaurant which is located 8' away from Kalamata city centre. Please inform us if you have your own transfer. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability: Tuesday-Sunday all-year round, excluding public holidays.
- The dining experience may be enriched with: a Wine Tasting, an Olive oil or a Honey tasting or the Food Tour & Olive oil tasting in Kalamata upon request.
- The dining takes place either in noon or in the evening after coordination.
- The menu may be tailored to your individual dietary needs.
- The dining experience may be provided at your place of accommodation (e.g. villa) upon request, after coordination. Please contact us to provide you with the new, related price.
- Meeting point & time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata. Time after coordination.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your dining experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 2 days before.
- For booking less than 2 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed, the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Mama’s flavours reserves the right to postpone the dining experience due to bad weather. If it is postponed, no refund is given but, the experience is conducted the next available date and after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, there is no refund regardless of cancellation status but, you may choose a next available date.
- All sales final.
Mama's flavours philosophy
Our scope is to provide our guests - travelers a high quality personalized and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. For this reason, we prefer to organize private experiences to couples, friends and families. This applies also for larger groups for e.g. a group of friends or team building events.
When you, our guest, book one or more of our gastronomic experiences, the day is dedicated to you, your friends and your beloved ones. With this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together and at the end we say goodbye as friends!
Mama’s flavours Health Measures & Guidelines for Travelers & Partners
Please read carefully this document before your booking.
Mama’s flavours is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its travelers and its partners.